Monday, August 15, 2011

Bible Verses...

In my opinion, and I'm sure a lot of other people's opinions, Bible verses and inspirational sayings are great motivators in life. So much so that I have them posted around my cube at work for encouragement.

There are also some very special Bible verses in my life.


The first is the one I call Joe and my verse - Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Joe and I met when I was in my senior year of college, so individually and collectively we didn't know what our futures held after I graduated, so all during that year Joe would send me flowers or whatever and include this verse on the card. It will always be near and dear to my heart.


This next one is Elijah's verse - Psalms 37:4

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Even though it was picked for him before he was born, I think the verse fits him perfectly. He delights in everything and has such a sweet personality (most of the time ;-)).


Since Elijah has a verse, I thought I would try to pick one out for Caleb before he was born too. We were at Hobby Lobby one day and I saw a decoration with this verse on it.

Caleb's verse - Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths.

It would be pretty cool if this verse fits Caleb as well as Elijah's fits him. I guess only time will tell though.

Do you have a verse that you love or that is "your" verse? If you don't use Bible verses, what about inspirational sayings? I would love to read them if you have any.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you and Joe had a favorite Bible verse...this one is a perfect one to reflect on. God keeps His promises!

I tink Elijah's is definitely perfect for him and I'm sure Caleb's will be as well. They both have godly parents to learn from and you're teaching them truth. Perfect!

Marie - spunbyme

Unknown said...

I love all those verses. Blog Candy at my place. Come visit.

Blessings,
Carol

http://3kidcropshop.blogspot.com/