Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bits & Pieces Swap...


A while back a blogging friend, Joyce at Scrap for Joy, had posted about a decorated canvas she made for a friend. It was an 8x8 board with nine squares on it. The squares were all different, but made up a theme of some sort. She asked if anyone was interested and it looked so fun I jumped at the chance. She picked the general theme... it was Spring, but within that theme we could do whatever theme(s) we wanted.

We got assigned swap partners. I got Laurie at Laurie Star as my partner. It was nice to email back and forth to get to know each other. After a few weeks of creating, we mailed off our packages and this is what I received:



It looks awesome. I love that is has a bunch of dog pictures. They are so cute! Flowers and bunting round out the thoughtful canvas. There are so many little details to look at. My favorite is the J right in the middle. I plan to hang it in my craft room when I am finished reorganizing it.

I was so glad to have committed to this swap before my hiatus, as it helped keep my sanity in the middle of everything. I'm still along for the ride of my crazy life and many things have changed since I started this break. They have actually been good changes, so I will be back soon with some posts about life, places to visit, birthday parties, books and the like.

Until then...

5 comments:

marie said...

This is really pretty Jo...it'll look great hanging in your craft room. I love the colors!
I hope you took a picture of the one you sent...I'd love to see it.

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Jo~ Thanks for posting this today! I've known Laurie for several years through Say It With Letters (we're both on the design team and we've been in several swaps) Her style is always bright and cheerful which is evident in this canvas she made and the elements she used are super for you! As soon as Laurie posts, I will be able to do my own post and have links to all of your blogs so you can see all the other canveses. Thanks so much for joining in for this swap. I know you've had a lot on your plate. I hope you get some breaks this summer!!
xoxo
Joyce

South City Hues said...

What a great canvas! The colors a very pretty. This was a fun swap.

LaurieStar said...

Hi Jo! Thanks for this nice post - I'm glad you enjoyed your canvas. I LOVE mine and have it displayed in my studio. It's the perfect shade of green and I love that it says "bird watching" - very cool! Thank you - I really love it and so do my kids. My daughter wants to steal the little owl off it! :)
PS - I posted pictures of your canvas on my blog tonight! :)

marie said...

Hi Jo...I just saw the collage you made for Laurie. I love it! The little hanging owl and the "click-click-click" are my favorite squares!