Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Words...

As 95% of you have heard me talk about for the last month now, Elijah is delayed a little in talking and the pediatrician was concerned enough to say he should get tested. Now, if you know me well, you would have thought I took this all in stride and was like, "Tested?!? H*** no, she is crazy." But apparently I am either becoming a full fledged mom or going through a mid-life crisis. Because I have been researching and talking to everyone that has ever been a mother, debating on whether I should get him tested or not. And well, consensus was "No. He is a boy, he will talk when he is ready".

So that we did, however it didn't stop me from researching the crap out of the subject. I found these two books, both by Thomas Sowell, Late Talking Children and
Einstein Syndrome - Bright Children Who Talk Late, which I haven't read yet, but I plan on getting them or looking at them very soon.

When the whole thing originally started I said I would give him until he was 2 and if he still wasn't talking I would get him tested. Then a couple weeks ago Elijah started to say more things... or atleast trying to. As of yesterday he started saying his own version of "I don't know" (I dodo).

But 2 Saturdays ago I got a video of this:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHxURSo2C0

Now if only he could say useful words like "hungry", "thirsty" or "more"... But I guess I'll take what I can get. Although we did have a "conversation" this morning about what he wanted to be for Halloween, but I think I'll save that for another blog entry.

Until then, ttyl.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Can't wait to watch the video when I get home!! That kid has certainly become quite the little chatterbox lately.

marie said...

Now how did I miss this one!? Before you know it you'll be wondering if he'll ever stop talking!!
I was so happy to spend some time with him last weekend!