Friday, May 29, 2009

Cards and DYL Again

This week has been non-stop stuff. It all started last Thursday when Joe called me up and was like, "You wanna go to Ocean City Monday to Wednesday?" (cause I took Tuesday and Wednesday off from work to stay home with Elijah) We went back and forth about it. Joe called someone we knew and asked if she thought it would be crowded. She said no and then offered for us to stay in their condo for free. That was a deal breaker, we were going. So that meant we had to scramble Friday, Saturday and Sunday to buy stuff and pack.

To add to all of this Saturday morning we were playing around with a ball in the house... Which happened to knock over a vase of flowers that had water in it also, um, right on my cell phone. Which promptly died. So I went to AT&T to get a new phone and change to pay as you go. More drama ensued.

During all that I managed to find time to make two cards. One for my dad for his birthday that I didn't know we were celebrating til that day:

I'm getting smarter about this whole credit thing. I have started taking pictures of the supplies I used for reference for when I post the pictures: (Don't ask why it's sideways... I can't figure out why it's doing that when I upload it and I can't figure out how to turn it)


DCWV card base
DCWV card stock cut into triangle and into strips
Mini Glue Dots
Dementionals to make the triangle pop off the page
Greetings Clear Stamps - Happy Birthday
ColorBox Ink
Cutter Bee Scissors


I also made a Thank You card for the couple that let us use the condo, because I wanted to just be able to write inside and mail it when we got back.


I really wanted to use a chipboard frame on this, but I couldn't find any the size I wanted, anywhere. So I just made due without.

There's a bunch of stuff for this one
DCWV card base and card stock
ColorBox ink
Mini Glue Dots
Greetings Clear Stamps - Thank You
Sassafras Lass Borders Clear Stamps
G - Clear Stamps - Little flower and leaf
Fine Lines Narrow Shear Ribbon
Fiskars Adhesive
StazOn Black Ink
Cutter Bee Scissors
Cutter Bee Retractable Knife
Blender Pen
Black Pen

I'll write more about Ocean City in my next entry, so I'll leave you with DYL.


I love my Blender Pen


I had to order it from Amazon because nowhere around here had it and it took like 3 weeks to arrive, but it was well worth the wait. It's so easy to just pick it up, put ink on a clear block and color. And it's easy to clean... All you do is keep coloring on a piece of scratch paper until it's colors clear and that's it. I love it.

Let me know what you love this week.

1 comment:

marie said...

Hi Jo!
I love both the cards that you made...you're making so many lately. I also like how you tookpictures of the supplies you used - great idea!

I am declaring my love for "fat birds". There are so many new graphics featuring them. I think I may need to find a perfect fat bird to use on my blog!