Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby To-Do List - 3 Weeks Left

I hope everyone had a good 4th. Ours was relaxing... We went grocery shopping and grilled out with my family, then lit off fireworks in the backyard. We would have gone to see fireworks, but I was afraid I was going to go into labor (not for any particular reason, except that we wouldn't be able to leave quickly if it did happen). That would have been just my luck, so we played it safe.

I don't exactly know what this means, but I was apparently "nesting" on Saturday, which quickly was over by Sunday and non-existent on Monday and Tuesday. It was this burst of energy where all the clutter and junk got to be too much, so I just started cleaning. I didn't even feel tired afterward.... It was weird, but anyway, enough about me, let's get onto the list...

Need to (in no particular order):
  • Decide on co-sleeper or bassinet
  • Find and buy a bassinet
  • Pick a name... First and middle
  • Go through, organize and wash new born clothes 
  • Go through, organize and wash 0-3 month clothes 
  • Buy Diapers  
  • Buy double stroller  
  • Buy a wipe warmer  
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Install infant car seat (probably won't be done until right after the baby is born)
  • Buy small toys/gifts for Elijah to receive when the baby gets presents
  • Wrap the small toys for Elijah (put them in gift bags is more like it)
  • Buy the big present for Elijah
  • Install TV in Elijah's room  
  • Find baby tub
  • Buy gift for Elijah from the baby
  • Wrap present from baby
  • Buy bassinet sheets
  • Buy baby tub
Progress this week:
  • I packed the rest of my hospital bag. Truly amazing and it only took me approximately 4 weeks to do it, hahaha.
  • Tried finding the baby tub, but alas it was nowhere to be found. So we are using the gift cards that Joe's co-workers got us and are going to buy a new one.
  • Joe's sisters are going to get us the bassinet sheets. :-)
Unless the baby decides to make an appearance this week, I will catch you all next week...

3 comments:

marie said...

I can't believe there are only three weeks to go! Elijah is going to be such a good big brother...I think I'm more excited about seeing his reaction to the baby than I am about meeting the little guy myself. Okay....maybe not! : )

Libbie said...

Three weeks!!!! EEEKKKKK!!! I can;'t wait to meet you new little one! SO exciting Jo!!!

We lost our baby bathtub between babies & I thought that was just the weirdest thing to lose...those babies are big!

Well I will be waiting to hear the news! Congrats Jo! Soon now! I know you have to be ready to go!

Scrap for Joy said...

I keep sneaking over here to check your progress. Friends of ours just had their second baby. They decided they didn't want to know the baby's sex ahead of time. They referred to the unborn as "chocolate milk" (I don't know why) The baby arrived 2 weeks ago...a boy whom they've named Grant. However, their 2.5 year old daughter refuses to call him anything but....you guessed it... Chocolate Milk. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it before the baby goes to school.
Have a good week Jo.
Joyce