Thursday, June 23, 2011

Baby To-Do List - 5 Weeks Left

Four weeks and two days to be exact... Time flies when you're having fun... If you can call all of this "fun" ;-). But anyway, between having to update every week and Joe's nagging help we got a lot accomplished this week.

Need to (in no particular order):
  • Decide on co-sleeper or bassinet
  • Find and buy a bassinet
  • Pick a name... First and middle
  • Go through, organize and wash new born clothes 
  • Go through, organize and wash 0-3 month clothes 
  • Buy Diapers  
  • Buy double stroller  
  • Buy a wipe warmer  
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Install infant car seat (probably won't be done until right after the baby is born)
  • Buy small toys/gifts for Elijah to receive when the baby gets presents
  • Wrap the small toys for Elijah (put them in gift bags is more like it)
  • Buy the big present for Elijah
  • Install TV in Elijah's room  
  • Find baby tub
Progress this week:

  • I -finally- ordered the bassinet. It is the one that Joe didn't like, but then after a few days he decided he was ok with it.
  • With Joe's help, we sorted through all the Newborn and 0-3 month baby clothes and then my mom washed them.
  • Even though this whole time I've acted like we have a name or two picked out, we actually don't. It's still a work in progress... However I think this week we have come the closest to picking out a name than ever before.
  • I bought some things to go into my hospital bag, so sometime in the next week I should be able to pack it all up and have it ready to go... for the most part.
  • We went to BJs on Friday and picked up some baby related items like baby wash/shampoo and a big two-pack of desitin. We decided to hold off on getting the diapers, cause I don't want them sitting around the house for a month. So we decided we were going to get them at the beginning of July.

I actually have a question to end this. If you have had a baby before, what is one thing (or multiple things, if that is the case) that is not on the usual list that you are glad that you packed? I haven't even packed yet and already I feel like I've forgotten things...

We are in the home stretch now... Until next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're making progress...I'm sure it makes you feel more relaxed about it all.

As far as your question goes...I'm too old to remember what I packed! : )

Bad Blogger...I have topost as anonymous today!

Marie @ spunbyme

Scrap for Joy said...

It sounds as if you're pretty organized for Baby #2. Is Elijah excited? I had to chuckle at your question at the end. When I had my kids (30+) years ago, I was in the hospital almost a week. (I know, I know, I sound like Marie) Now you women go through a revolving door and come out the other side. I think when you have your second, you should be in for at least 2 nights...cause it's the last rest you are going to get for a while. Get as much rest as you can over the next 5 weeks.
Take care
Joyce