Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baby To-Do List - 6 Weeks Left

A month and a half until the big day... if Baby Raymond decides he wants to stay put that long. I have a really bad feeling that he's going to come early, but hopefully I'm wrong. Some things got done this weekend... you wouldn't be able to tell by the lack of crossing off on the list, but prepping things and putting things together was what was going on this week.

Need to (in no particular order):
  • Decide on co-sleeper or bassinet
  • Find and buy a bassinet
  • Pick a name... First and middle
  • Go through, organize and wash new born clothes 
  • Go through, organize and wash 0-3 month clothes 
  • Buy Diapers  
  • Buy double stroller  
  • Buy a wipe warmer  
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Install infant car seat (probably won't be done until right after the baby is born)
  • Buy small toys/gifts for Elijah to receive when the baby gets presents
  • Wrap the small toys for Elijah (put them in gift bags is more like it)
  • Buy the big present for Elijah
  • Install TV in Elijah's room  
Progress this week:

  • We found more Newborn and 0-3 clothing, but it still needs to be sorted through
  • Got out the infant car seat to make sure it looked ok to use
  • While we were in the closet getting the car seat, we also pulled out the swing and bouncy seat to make sure they were in working order too. Turns out everything is still in great shape
  • Put together the double stroller to make sure all the pieces were there
  • Made a list of what I need to buy to put in, and what I want to put in, my hospital bag
  • I made a decision on what bassinet I like (finally), then I told Joe and he said he didn't like it, so that is still on hold for the time being

So the BJs coupon thing didn't pan out, cause apparently you need this thing called money to buy things at BJs. We were short on funds this week, so I think we are planning on going tonight or tomorrow. Who knows... in my life nothing is for certain until it happens.

Until next week...

1 comment:

marie said...

So glad that all the equipment seems to be in order.
I can't believe you're down to six weeks! I'm so looking forward to meeting _____. : )

Rest as much as you can and let others take care of the list...anything I can do to help?