Need to (in no particular order):
Decide on co-sleeper or bassinet Find and buy a bassinet Pick a name... First and middle Go through, organize and wash new born clothes Go through, organize and wash 0-3 month clothes
- Buy Diapers
Buy double stroller Buy a wipe warmer Pack hospital bag
- Install infant car seat (probably won't be done until right after the baby is born)
Buy small toys/gifts for Elijah to receive when the baby gets presents
- Wrap the small toys for Elijah (put them in gift bags is more like it)
- Buy the big present for Elijah
- Install TV in Elijah's room
- Find baby tub
Buy gift for Elijah from the baby
- Wrap present from baby
- Buy bassinet sheets
- They delivered the bassinet, so it is physically in our house... potentially with all the parts, but I guess we'll find that out when Joe puts it together (Update - We put it together last night and it looks great!)
- I packed the essentials for my hospital bag... That way, if Captain Caveman (what I've been calling the baby) decides to come early, I will have the important things ready to go... like paperwork, cameras and make-up. I should be packing everything else sometime this week... or when I start having contractions... whichever happens to come first.
- My sis said that she read somewhere that it helps smooth things over if "the baby" buys the older siblings a present. So we decided to do that... We just need to wrap it.
- We almost bought Elijah's big gift last night (a basketball hoop for children), but are having second thoughts about what to get him. I really want to buy him a Nook (ridiculous, I know, and totally out of our price range for presents), but I think we will save that for Christmas (as a family present) and go back to the drawing board for what to buy him.