Monday, February 6, 2012

Through The Eyes of Elijah - His Family

It is always a bit scary to find out how little children view you, but sometimes it can be a pleasant surprise. One of those surprises happened the other night while I was making dinner and tending to Caleb.

Elijah finally learned how to use the mouse (it was a blessing and a curse) and was playing on sesamestreet.org. They have a game where you "make monsters", so Elijah was playing it for probably about 10 minutes when I heard, "Monnie! Come here! Look what I made! It's you!" I finished up what I was doing and braced myself for what might be on the screen. To my surprise it was this:


Elijah then said, "He's happy!" So I inquired, "Am I happy?" "Yes." "Am I always happy?" "No." See... honesty at it's finest.

So I went back out to finish up and a few minutes later I heard, "Monnie, look! It's daddy!"



He was so tickled with himself. My favorite part of Joe's monster was when you played it, to move, the tongue would stick out and go in and stick out again. I could definitely see how Elijah could get this from Joe.

Then he made himself.


And he was done. I asked if he wanted to make Caleb, but he said no. Oh well, maybe another day...

5 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

I thought he did a good job...I often wonder what little children think of us. We have a little guy at church who always has a real serious face (he's about 10 months old) and I wonder if he thinks we're all nuts because we're always trying to get him to smile. When he does smile for someone, that person acts like they just scored a touchdown...funny.
Have a good week Jo.
xoxo

Katie said...

Awww, that's super cute. It's great that he's picked up certain characteristics for each of you that stand out. So fun!!

Libbie said...

Too cute! I should have bO do sesame street. He loves the comp too :). You make a cute monster Jo :)

Libbie said...

Hope you guys had a fun Valentine's Day!

marie said...

Family photos at their finest! It's fun to try and see exactly what's going on in those little minds!