Sunday, January 11, 2009

Birthday Poem

Someone on my baby board posted this poem. It made me get teary, so I thought I would share.


Just 12 short months ago I made my big debut and now I'd like to celebrate my 1st Birthday with you.

My little hands play patty-cake, they peek-a-boo and wave. They catch me while I learn to walk and splash me as I bathe.

They hold your fingers tightly and touch your heart so deep. My little hands reach out to you for hugs before I sleep.

My little hands are tiny now but yours will serve to guide me, and when I'm grown I'll still reach out and know you're right beside me.

1 comment:

marie said...

That's really sweet ~ and so very true. Enjoy the moments...he'll grow up so quickly!

He was so much fun at the baby shower today. Quite the hit of the party!