Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope you and yours will be safe and happy. While waiting for Elijah to awaken from his nap, I decided to do a post.

Last night was very interesting in the Raymond household. Elijah was apparently excited about it being New Years Eve, so he decided not to go to bed until 11:30pm. So we all (except Elijah) did the whole stay up til Midnight thing and rang in the New Year. By the time I ate and got settled it was about 12:30 or 1am. Guess who decided to wake up at 4am? Yep, you guessed it and he decided that it was time to play. We were having none of that, so he finally fell asleep in bed with us. Then he woke up again around 7:30. He ate and went back to sleep with us again until about 9, so I'm a little tired today. I slept in until about 10, then I let Joe take a nap, so we're feeling a little more rested now.

Since today is the first, that means I have to do my "second job". I host a challenge on a digital scrapbooking site, Digital Freebies, called the ABC Challenge. I basically go through the alphabet picking topics starting with whatever letter I'm on. The participants do a layout about that topic, post a link on the forum and they get a prize. I do this every 1st and 16th of every month. This month the letter is O. The subjects are Outdoors/Outside or Ordinary Day. If they complete the layout they get a piece from this kit:



That's about all for now. I'm gonna go back to watching the Looney Tunes Marathon on Cartoon Network. Elijah was cute watching it earlier, Road Runner was on and everytime Road Runner would go "Meep Meep" Elijah would go "Gee Gee". Ttyl.

1 comment:

marie said...

I'm so glad your blog is up and running. I didn't know thta you hosted challenges for your digital scrapbooking ~ that sounds like fun!
So the little man decided he wanted to be a big guy and stay up on New Year's Eve ~ what a lot of fun for the rest of you!