Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review of my week and Baby To-Do List

9 weeks are left. I said I would start freaking after it got to single digits, but this week was kind of another dud in the "getting ready for the baby" department. Otherwise my week was jammed packed full of events and drama. It went a little like this:

Last Thursday - Went to my gestational diabetes class and learned all sorts of things about the things we eat and how to manage my blood sugar during pregnancy.

Friday - Joe and I had a date night at Bengies Drive-In. Thanks to my parents volunteering to watch Elijah and put him to bed that night (which is no easy task). The main reason we went was to see the new Pirates movie, but before that African Cats was playing, so we had to sit through that. It was pretty good, but it was LONG for the type of movie/documentary it was. Thor was playing last, but we were exhausted, so we headed home before it started.

Saturday - In the morning we went to Walmart to buy Charlotte's birthday presents (this is a perfect example of how much of a procrastinator I am). While there, I happen to come across some neat little presents to get for Elijah. We will still need to buy some more, but that is partially crossed off the list. In the afternoon/evening we went to Charlotte's birthday party and had a really good time. Elijah enjoyed himself immensely, especially playing with the pirate Legos.

Sunday - We went to church, then went to Walmart (another Walmart) to buy groceries for the week and also to buy some stuff for me to eat at work to keep my blood sugar leveled off throughout the day.

Monday - Drama with trying to get ahold of my nutritionist/dietician all day. Turns out they were calling Joe's phone back when I gave them my work number to call...

Tuesday - Elijah woke up at 5am, then there was drama at work. That night we celebrated my dad's birthday. I was tired as anything, however Elijah was cute that morning, before I left for work he brought me  the "I'm a Big Brother" book for me to read to him. I had a few minutes, so I said I would. I sat down with him and he exclaims "Wook, that's my baby!" as he pointed to the baby in the book. It was the first sign of him actually being excited about a baby. He also indicated that he understood the big brother was him. His excitement makes me excited. :0)

Wednesday - Went to my follow up nutritionist/dietician appointment that morning. I passed my "test" of eating and blood sugar levels with flying colors. Finally there was no drama during work hours and last night I wanted to revel in that fact by enjoying my evening. Elijah got a haircut and then we went home and chilled.

So, as you can tell, a lot was accomplished this week, however pretty much nothing from this list was. Such is life.

Need to (in no particular order):


  • Decide on co-sleeper or bassinet  
  • Find and buy a bassinet
  • Pick a name... First and middle  
  • Go through, organize and wash baby clothes  
  • Buy Diapers  
  • Buy double stroller (unless there is a wonderful sale, this won't be done before the baby is born)
  • Buy a wipe warmer
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Install infant car seat
  • Buy small toys/gifts for Elijah to receive when the baby gets presents
  • Wrap the small toys for Elijah
  • Buy the big present for Elijah  


Progress this week:

  • Bought a few small items for Elijah to open after the baby is born.
Until next week... Let's hope for more progress this week...

No comments: